Friday 4 March 2016

Pallas's Warbler

Even though the Pallas's Warbler at Portesham has been seen every day for the last nine days and would be a lifer for me, I still manged to put off going for it until today. I probably still wouldn't have been if Steve hadn't come into work yesterday enthusing about it. He said I really must go and see it and of course he was right. I don't know what I was thinking! I set off early this morning to get there  about an hour after first light. It was a bit too cold though and I had to wait quite a while for it to appear. It was definitely worth the effort though as it showed really well, off and on, for the short while I was there. I even managed to get some nice photos. I'd have liked to have stayed longer but with work in the afternoon it had to be a bit of a 'tick and run' job. My 356th bird and first lifer for almost exactly ten months.







Pallas's Warbler
 Bird No 356.

4 comments:

JRandSue said...

Karen these are brilliant,outstanding detail,love your fourth image,superb shot.
John.

Chris Townend (Jaffa) said...

Great shots Karen. Quite tempted!

Wilma said...

Sweet!

Karen Woolley said...

Thanks for comments folks! Well worth it if you do Chris.