Monday 2 March 2015

One Last Visit to The Penduline Tits

I was at a bit of a loose end this afternoon so decided to go over to Dart's Farm and have one last look at the Penduline Tits before they move on to pastures new, something they will probably doing pretty soon. There was no anxious waiting around like on the last to occasions I visited, they were already showing well to a small group of birders. I timed my arrival at the exact moment of a heavy sleet/snow shower but once it passed over I was able to get a few more photos. They really are very tolerant of people and they came incredibly close at times. They were still seen to be feeding on moth larvae but I also saw and photographed one catching and eating a European Garden Spider (Araneus diadematus), which was nice...for me that is, not the unfortunate spider!



The light was perfect for this one.
 I'm really pleased with it.






Here's one (pictured in above two shots) catching and eating a Shy Cosmet Moth (Limnaecia phragmitella) larva and below catching a European Garden Spider (Araneus diadematus)
 



Stonechats were trying to get in on the action as usual.

No comments: