Monday 26 August 2013

More Photo-year-ticks from Beer Head and Black Hole Marsh

After missing out on all the Beer Head action yesterday morning I popped up there for a hour or so this morning. I was very glad I did too, adding  a whole four birds to my patch photo-year-list. It could have been more but I dipped the Tree Pipits and Garden Warblers again. Still I'm not complaining, I had a thoroughly enjoyable time, I really must try and get up there more often!  After this I had to go and do a few chores I'd been putting off...I wish I'd put them off a bit longer and gone straight down to Black Hole Marsh though. If I had I'd have seen a Black Tern, but by the time I received the news it had departed on it's merry way. I did visit later in the day when news came out of  an unprecedented arrival of Curlew Sandpipers (10 no less!) and more importantly to photo-year-listers a Turnstone!


The 'Wheatear Fence' was living up to its name, but with the addition of a few Yellow Wagtails.



No. 120 Yellow Wagatail




No. 121 Whinchat


No.122 Meadow Pipit


No.123 Swallow


It had to be done. 
And the real surprise of the morning was this...


... Golden Plover.



No.124 Turnstone

It would have been rude not to photograph at least one of the gang of Curlew Sandpipers, this lovely juvenile came closest.




No comments: