Tuesday 16 April 2013

Too Sexy for Beer Head

There wasn't  really much of interest in a couple of hours on Beer Head this morning just a few Wheatears and Blackcaps. Seaton marshes was the place to be! I saw my first Whitethroat of the year here at lunchtime, too brief to get on the photo-list though. Then this afternoon Steve spotted a spanking  male Pied Fycatcatcher there. Beer Head is usually the place to see Pied Flycatchers on patch, especially spring males, in fact the only other adult male I've seen on patch was on Beer Head four years ago (almost to the day...see it here). What a stunner! A truly sexy little bird. I was smitten! In fact unusually for me I spent more time just admiring him than trying for photos. But I did take some...Obviously :-)





No.85 Pied Flycatcher


No.86 Grey Heron

No comments: